Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ...

Diskutiere Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ... im Nabenmotoren Forum im Bereich Fertig-Pedelecs; Basically: Yes. You do need the right SW-version for the CU3 display. (it is different from the CU2 version) Good luck! (y)
K

kodel

Punkte Reaktionen
I switched to the esp32 relais board that @herman74 is using. 36-42V into the on-board 5V regulator, 1 relais to switch the 5 volt to the light, another relais to switch the motor. I soldered my small bus interface and voltage divider board on the header pins next to the esp32 to make it as compact as possible.
To make sure power consumption is not an issue, I added a small switch next to the charging connector to switch off the power to the board. The motor is wired directly with thick wire from the fuse to the relay (not going through the switch or the PCB traces).
I also added in a BMS with charge and discharge control and cell balancing.

The whole thing barely fits inside the battery. Because the relais PCB is just too high, I had to leave the battery case 5mm open on one side. Not ideal...

But it will do for now. On Friday I'll head to The Netherlands for a 4 day cycling trip, so I hope all goes well :)

This also means no coding/testing for me anymore this week, since I didn't bring the programming connection outside of the case.
20220818_011306.jpg

G

gpu7990

Punkte Reaktionen
Again need some help. Today i tryed to connect the motor and cu3 goes to "ion tehnologies" standby when motor connected.
Can you please tell me, what should the display show if the engine and battery are not connected to it, but only esp32?
My cu3 automatically starts , and then show battery 0%, battery blinking, light shows as ON, but when i press light botton have no reaction to pressing bottons.

Mike747

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
I think motor and display should be powered before (or at the same time) the ESP comes on. If it is a setup issue, it should look something like this (do not mind the resistor values):
1660854008101.png

You can turn on the display with only power, and keep it "alive" by pressing the buttons. The display does indeed display what you describe then.

G

gpu7990

Punkte Reaktionen
thanks for your answer!
Thanks to this i realized that my buttons block broken.
I opened it with twizzers and found serious water damege near headfhone connector. There was interlayer hole rotted from corrosion. Now I fixed buttons block and it beeps when i switch modes.
now I’m worried if the engine is alive, since it has traces of disassembly and I realized that it’s difficult to buy anything working)))
Can you please answer another couple of questions:
1. With esp32 connected to display , but without the motor should i see any sings of esp32 work on bow bus except that display always on?
2. What is the resistance value on motor connector between + and GND terminals (I have 300 k ohm)
And between GND and bow bus ( I have 6MegaOhm)

K

kodel

Punkte Reaktionen
Yes, the display should talk on the bus without a motor, even without the esp32. When you change assist modes, you should see a message on the bus.

The resistor from the motor + to he ground as measured with a multimeter will vary, since by measuring you are charging the capacitor inside the motor. But it should be way lower than 300K.

Hochsitzcola

Hochsitzcola

Themenstarter
Punkte Reaktionen
Details E-Antrieb
Gazelle mit BionX IGH3 + OpenSource Firmware
Warum steht das hier nicht in Deutsch ?
Weil die Leute, die das Projekt aktuell weiterentwickeln internationaler Herkunft sind, haben wir irgendwann auf English gewechselt. Das ist wohl der kleinste gemeinsame Nenner ;)

Gruß
hochsitzcola

G

gpu7990

Punkte Reaktionen
hello guys, i think Im on finish step.
I connect all stuff and now i see 98% battery, also i see speed on the screen.
When i press boot button on esp32 i can change assistence levels.
But i nof feel any assistance.
When i go to the menu and chose calibration - its go to general screen and i can not see any changes.
How to make correct calibration? Or even without calibration motor should run?
In this case maybe the power part of the motor have been dameged.

Mike747

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
Good to see you are getting along! (y)
I hope it really is a calibration issue:unsure:.
When you boot/turn on the whole system (ESP), for calibration, the first thing to do is to hold the BOOT button for a few sec. and it will calibrate (led will blink rapidly when done). After that you can/will select the support level you want. Calibration needs to be done only once.
I think you can calibrate also by holding the light button for a few sec, but it depends on the SW-version you use; Void-Spark can probably help with that.

G

gpu7990

Punkte Reaktionen
As i remember, when i press boot for 2-4 sec
the esp blinks 4 times and display goes to general screen with off assistence, even if it was on before.
So as I understand it is calibration and its ok.
Seems that motor broken(

Mike747

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
Can you check if motor responds to massages on the bow bus?

G

gpu7990

Punkte Reaktionen
Yes, i can make adapter, have pl2303 converter.
But as i anderstand if display show me the speed and it is correct- that definitely means that motor have accept cu3 serial and that it sends the data to CU3

Mike747

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
But as i anderstand if display show me the speed and it is correct- that definitely means that motor have accept cu3 serial and that it sends the data to CU3
Correct, communication should work. Do you have the toprun motor or XHP? Toprun should work, XHP might need different SW, but I am not sure.

V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
Ho-ly-smokes, a lot happened while I was away :)

Just my luck that the latest IDF version would break something just after I leave..
I'll see if I can include a proper fix asap, instead of using a release version (the latter is more stable, but I prefer to stay on the bleeding edge, makes it easier to fix things as they pop up, instead of all at once on the next release :) And they do tend to fix/improve a lot of things as well :) ).

@kodel seems you already found out the XHP motors don't use the BMS to store their calibration data (calibration works fine, it just doesn't ask the BMS to store the data, so it stores it by itself I assume :) ). I had noticed it before, but still wanted to look at it properly :)
@kodel seems you also found the python scripts to analyze hex dumps it seems :)

Also logs and parsed commands of the throttle !!!! !!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!
By what's been posted I'm guessing (as we already suspected) that the motor itself needs to support throttle mode though.
Still! I'm going to have a really good look at those logs, and certainly will test with my XHP :)

It's possible/likely(?) that bike shops can add/enable throttle mode too on the motor, and/or maybe there is a special command that enabled it on the motor.

I will also see if I can integrate the battery meter code that @kodel wrote in the main repository.
Mind, I don't currently have a working ESP32 set up (I cannabalized it for parts :) ), only a C3, so will have to see how I'm going to test the ADC :)
(code, and other things, are different between the two chips).

I will also look at adding the pin layout @herman74 uses to a config file/build, if I didn't already somewhere else, he has it in his own branch currently :)

Is there such a things a pinned posts here? Can the OP set those? I think this would be a good one: Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ... :)
Oh, @kodel suggested including it in the github too. It probably would fit best in the SpartaStuff repo, where there are already 'wiki' pages with a bunch of protocol stuff, the code (ion1) repo is separate mainly cause it seemed tidier that way, and it's how I have all my esp32 projects :) I guess the code (ion1) repo could have a link to the SpartaStuff one, and then the information can be added to the existing .md pages there :)
Feel free to do pull requests (github is easy, and extremely well documented all over the internet :) ), time is my biggest constraint and I'll focus on code for now :)

PS: I saw mention of 'OTA' updates. Some of the first versions actually could do that, but later ones have wifi disabled/removed so that it doesn't interfere with the timing of commands (responses need to be quick, and system wifi code tends to take over the whole chip, or at least a core, a lot :) ).
Also OTA needs a special layout of the partitions, which it currently doesn't have (which gave more space to spiffs I think, which gives more write cycles to the flash (for calibration data) since it can spread them around more :) ).
OTA could be re-introduced, but it's not a high priority to me at the moment :) (A special button press/sequence should activate it, since normally you do want the WIFI core off).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
G

gpu7990

Punkte Reaktionen
Correct, communication should work. Do you have the toprun motor or XHP? Toprun should work, XHP might need different SW, but I am not sure.
I think i have toprun, i have no sticker with serial on it.
But it is 7speed koga bike.
Tomorrow I'll disassemble motor, how it could be identified by pcb?
Or make photos and place here?

V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
But it is 7speed koga bike.
Tomorrow I'll disassemble motor, how it could be identified by pcb?
Or make photos and place here?
Hmm, trying to chime in here too :)
If you see the speed of the bicycle on the display: communication is working between esp32, display, and motor.
At that point setting the assist level -should- give you assist (the assist level should be displayed on the display too).
The only exception is if the serial in the motor does not match the one in the display, but 'auto pairing' which is included in all recent firmwares should handle that.
And of course if the calibration is incorrect, but it sounds like you calibrated successfully.
I'd be careful with taking apart the motor, it's not easy, and it can easily break things, I'd consider it a last resort :)

Your problem is mysterious right now, what I would look at first is:
- Make sure you used the latest firmware (post the link to the one you used)
- Make sure you calibrate correctly, the bike should be stood still, with no-one on it. And there should be 10 very fast blinks on the ESP32 to indicate calibration happened (100ms on, 100ms off). I still need to add a good indication on the CU2 display that calibration happened, sorry :)
- Try to grab a log of the bus of: calibration, and of power up all the way to changing the assist level. That will show us if the serial is being set correctly, if all the commands are responded to correctly, and if calibration -really- happened correctly (we should see a response to the calibrate command)
- Check the battery you use can/does actually put out enough amps under load for the motor, else it won't do much (might not be easy to test, check for voltage when you would expect assist?)

Of course the motor could be broken, so far I have not see one that responds to commands, yet does not do assist :)

Mike747

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
It's possible/likely(?) that bike shops can add/enable throttle mode too on the motor, and/or maybe there is a special command that enabled it on the motor.
That is still a misery. Just like the 3 or 5 support modes. Surely the bike-store can program a throttle, but likely only on a original and complete bike, I would say ;).
I will also see if I can integrate the battery meter code that @kodel wrote in the main repository.
(y)

Perhaps you can place a picture of your setup ;). Would make it easier to determine the right SW-version and hardware issues.

K

kodel

Punkte Reaktionen
That is still a misery. Just like the 3 or 5 support modes.
Do we have a log of a genuine display with 5 support levels? Then we could compare with mine, where level 4 and 5 are parking modes. If the messages are identical, we know the motor needs to be reprogrammed.

Thema:

Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ...

Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ... - Ähnliche Themen

Sparta ION Akku defekt?: Hallo zusammen, ich bin neu hier, vielen Dank für die Aufnahme...und ich komme gleich mit einem Problem/Frage. Meine Frau fährt (wenig, da sie...
Sparta Ion, Hercules emove, Batavus, Koga auf Li-Ion Akku umbauen reparieren.: Ich bin Besitzer zweiter solcher Bikes und habe diese nach einem Akkudefekt erfolgreich umgebaut. Gleich vorweg, es ist zeitaufwendig, man sollte...
Sparta M7e ion Antrieb von 2016: Hallo Leute, kurz zu mir: Ich bin seinerzeit mit einem Bausatz aus China angefangen (mit dem ich mich entsetzlich auf die Nase gelegt habe), dann...
verkaufe Koga E-Runner, Rh 47cm, ION-Antrieb, wie neu, super ausgestattet: Schnäppchen: Koga E-Runner, nur EUR 2.050,-/Neupreis EUR 3.000,- muß wg OP leider verkaufen, Fahrrad kaum genutzt, Heck-Motor ION-Antrieb (33 Nm)...
erledigt E-Bike SPARTA Blackline ION mit Garantie: BeschreibungHalle verkaufe hier ein E-Bike von Sparta, Model Black Line kompl. mit Ladegerät. Das E-Bike war ein Ausstellungsstück und hat das...
Oben