Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ...

Diskutiere Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ... im Nabenmotoren Forum im Bereich Fertig-Pedelecs; would be nice. there is a separate rubber seal in between, opening and closing should not compromise watertightness.
M

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
The BIG components that are not present also seem to regulate voltage actually.
MAX1500 6A = 40V->3.3V regulator. ZVN4210 = 100V mosfet.

M

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
1656489023017.png

I should not have done this, but as you can see, nothing on the back, the button-unit connects directly to the display.
In the end the most "minimal-version" has only a few caps and fets.

V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
Anhang anzeigen 454718
I should not have done this, but as you can see, nothing on the back, the button-unit connects directly to the display.
In the end the most "minimal-version" has only a few caps and fets.
I did not expect that! I thought there would be wires, or directly soldered. It's metal pins with springs on them connecting sideways to a side mounted pcb!
If you had waited I would have done that with one here :)
Any hopes of putting it back though? It looks hard but not impossible, they must have had a way to get it in in the first place :)
Some thoughts, use some paper/cardboard strips between the Springs to guide the PCB back in,
worst case desolder and resolder the side mounted PCB strip.

M

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
worst case desolder and resolder the side mounted PCB strip.
That was the plan :). Since it is not the nicest mount, I might swap (if needed) the internals with another one later on.
They like spring connectors: (and I like taking things apart:))
1656492334137.png

Only the back part (black) of the display is broken (very bad). The rest is actually in good condition.

V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
(and I like taking things apart:))
:D :D :D

The damage to the CU3 case is pre-existing, or from opening it? Looks like the glue was pretty agreeable to the operation :)

I do still want to swap out the 'minimal' pcb of the mount to a good case, I'll let you know if I find an easy way to do it ;)

M

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
I do still want to swap out the 'minimal' pcb of the mount to a good case, I'll let you know if I find an easy way to do it ;)
That would be the way to go! Can you test if they also work on 36V?

CU3 was damaged before, It looks like someone pulled it straight off the mount: cracked from top to bottom (cannot hold the electrical connections to the mount by itself).

M

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
I updated the schematic. Swapped the relay for a VOM and added a 6V/.5A PTC fuse to the light+.
Do we need more "safety" features?

1656522152012.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
I should not have done this
I should have listened... :D

Putting it back together is torture..
By some miracle I managed a transplant though, now have a 'minimal'/24v in a good mount housing :)

The only steps that work:
- Desolder the vertical circuit board. This is where you will break it, so make sure you have time, patience, the right tools, and maybe some practice :)
- Check you cleaned enough solder to fit the pins back in the holes.
- Remove the C clips on 5 of the metal pins, only leave the one that's behind the 5 pins of the vertical circuit board, because it's hard to get at. The C clips look difficult, but hook a small screwdriver behind one of the gaps in it, and use some leverage.
- Remove the 5 metal pins + springs + C clips.
- Put the vertical circuit board back in the mount, you will need to compress the remaining spring to make it fit.
- One by one put back the springs + pins (the spring fits through the hole on the side!!), and reinstall the C clip on each: push each pin in so you can see the ridge that fits the C clip, then press it on with something metal. It's harder then taking them off, but doable :)
- Resolder the board, done, easy.. :D

herman74

herman74

Punkte Reaktionen
when will there be firmware that allows the bike to be turned off

esp in hibernate mode and on via serial or something

would be handy then I could test the bike better to cycle to work
now a wire has to be disconnected every time

V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
when will there be firmware that allows the bike to be turned off

esp in hibernate mode and on via serial or something

would be handy then I could test the bike better to cycle to work
now a wire has to be disconnected every time
Well, I can't say when, since it just depends when I have time available, and there is less with summer :)

But I can make a 'sleep' mode which turns off the relay after some time at level '0' and no speed the next thing I work on :)

First version would only engage the relay, but leave the esp32 running normally, that would already lower power usage a lot.
ESP32 hibernate mode is not -that- useful on the bigger esp32 boards, because the usb to serial chip uses a 'lot' of power and won't turn off, but power usage will be quite low compared to the size of the battery anyways :)

I might have some time this evening to work on it :)

S

szupek

Punkte Reaktionen
Details E-Antrieb
batavus
Hi fellows!
I can see that you are progresing very well with the project :) That's great news. Recently I was a bit busy, but tomorrow I will get parts for testing and play around a bit. I am still waiting for ESC C3 to arrive, but have the big version.
A few days ago I bought another batavus to play around with. It was supposed to have no battery, but it has, and it shows e0001. After I opened it, there was one totally dead cell, 19 remaining seemed quite in ballance according to measured voltages. I found one cell from banana scrap and discharging it right now (so far discharged 7,8Ah at 1V and still discharging till 0,9V). I think that I will reapair it and leave in original setup.

While I was playing with my scrap batteries I noticed that a lot of my batteries had e0003 error which means battery damaged. After opening such batteries, cells quite often have equal voltage, are ballanced, so I am wondering where this error exactly comes from...

M

Mike747

Punkte Reaktionen
While I was playing with my scrap batteries I noticed that a lot of my batteries had e0003 error which means battery damaged. After opening such batteries, cells quite often have equal voltage, are ballanced, so I am wondering where this error exactly comes from...
E0003 is probably caused after more "problems" in a row with the cells (like imbalance E0014, capacity-loss or whatever) OR the pcb itself has gone defect. E0003 "locks" the pcb, so you cannot use it anymore (charging is still possible). From my experience, the cells from low-mileage packs are usually fine, >10.000kms more cells gets defect. Age (like > 10jrs) does not have so much impact on the cells.
The pcb's from older packs (the ones not emerged in the blue rubbery stuff) are less likely to go out (E0003) than the newer ones.

V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
I might have some time this evening to work on it :)
Didn't make much progress, still deciding on the right approach.
Does anyone have an idea of how a original XHP + CU3 system behaves?

PS - I guess most answers are here: Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ... :)

I guess that once assist level is set to 0 and speed is 0, a timer is started for 10 seconds, which stops & resets if speed is not 0, or assist mode is changed.
Once the timer times out, the display is switched to 'logo', and the relay is switched off.
At this point I guess 'mode' switch is used to turn the system on again.

I should change the log parser to show details on the CU3 updates, so it's easier to see in @Mike747 logs when the display goes to 'logo' mode :)
Since the logs don't contain timestamps, it's a bit hard to work out what happens with such timed events :)

V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
Ok, first attempt at auto shutdown, after 10 seconds of assist = 0 and speed = 0.
No indication on the display, but there are some blinkings on the esp32 (if it has a led), and you should hear the attached relay click.
The relay starts in the 'off' position, and turns on when the system is awoken, then turns off at shutdown, at which time you should be able to wake the system again.

Should work with CU2 and CU3, only the esp32 (not esp32c3) build has relay pin enabled, but no-one uses esp32c3 yet anyways :)
Current build has relay pin active low, so it goes low to turn on the relay.

This one is very untested, and might not work in any way :)

Build: First attempt at auto power off, and refactor · void-spark/[email protected]

herman74

herman74

Punkte Reaktionen
i will update the firmware tonight after me work, i'll let you know tonight if it works well👍

herman74

herman74

Punkte Reaktionen
I tested the firmware and the bike turns off sometimes the logo stays on you can also hear the raley turn off

but the bike turns on but the raley doesn't turn on anymore only when I disconnect the power from the bike then the relay turns on again

V

void-spark

Punkte Reaktionen
I tested the firmware and the bike turns off sometimes the logo stays on you can also hear the raley turn off

but the bike turns on but the raley doesn't turn on anymore only when I disconnect the power from the bike then the relay turns on again
Ok, thanks for the report, I will have to investigate more then :)
Could be that it gets stuck somewhere in communication because the motor turned off, and so turning it on doesn't work well anymore.
Log of the bus would help, but I'll probably figure it out next time I have time again :)

Thema:

Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ...

Zweiter Frühling für ION-Antrieb --- Sparta, Batavus, Koga ... - Ähnliche Themen

Sparta ION Akku defekt?: Hallo zusammen, ich bin neu hier, vielen Dank für die Aufnahme...und ich komme gleich mit einem Problem/Frage. Meine Frau fährt (wenig, da sie...
Sparta Ion, Hercules emove, Batavus, Koga auf Li-Ion Akku umbauen reparieren.: Ich bin Besitzer zweiter solcher Bikes und habe diese nach einem Akkudefekt erfolgreich umgebaut. Gleich vorweg, es ist zeitaufwendig, man sollte...
Sparta M7e ion Antrieb von 2016: Hallo Leute, kurz zu mir: Ich bin seinerzeit mit einem Bausatz aus China angefangen (mit dem ich mich entsetzlich auf die Nase gelegt habe), dann...
verkaufe Koga E-Runner, Rh 47cm, ION-Antrieb, wie neu, super ausgestattet: Schnäppchen: Koga E-Runner, nur EUR 2.050,-/Neupreis EUR 3.000,- muß wg OP leider verkaufen, Fahrrad kaum genutzt, Heck-Motor ION-Antrieb (33 Nm)...
erledigt E-Bike SPARTA Blackline ION mit Garantie: BeschreibungHalle verkaufe hier ein E-Bike von Sparta, Model Black Line kompl. mit Ladegerät. Das E-Bike war ein Ausstellungsstück und hat das...
Oben