ShareRoller: Ein Reibrollen-Antrieb für das Vorderrad

Diskutiere ShareRoller: Ein Reibrollen-Antrieb für das Vorderrad im E-Motoren Forum im Bereich Diskussionen; Bei Indiegogo.com läuft eine neue Kampagne für einen Reibrollen-Antrieb -ShareRoller- für das Vorderrad...
Slingchiller

Slingchiller

Punkte Reaktionen
Details E-Antrieb
Ein Cute 100 im Vorderrad
Das Teil ist zu klobig,Akku und Antriebseinheit getrennt wär besser.

Der Belag der Rolle sieht aber besser aus wie von dem anderen Reibrollenantrieb,
wo es hier auch einen Thread zu gibt.

Mfg

cubernaut

cubernaut

Punkte Reaktionen
Details E-Antrieb
Performance Line 25, Performance L. 45, Syno Drive
Ein Beamer vorn am Rad, ich weiß nicht. Da gefällt mir die Integration des add-e funktional und ästhetisch viel besser, auch wenn letzterer natürlich nicht einfach so abnehmbar ist.

S

ShareRollerJeff

ShareRoller detachable friction-drive for bikes/scooters - Info from Founder

Hello from the Founder of ShareRoller. I only recently discovered some comments here on our product, and seeing that it is being compared to the Add-e / Go-e variations of friction drive, I wanted to clarify some differences between the products. I hope the points below are helpful, and I'm so sorry I'm not able to write this in German (and I figured Google Translate would probably do a bad job of converting my English). Happy to answer any questions you may have. Oh, and our Indiegogo campaign ends in two more days fyi!

Thanks,
Jeff
www.shareroller.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shareroller-add-on-e-power-for-bikes-scooters#/

A few key points to consider when comparing ShareRoller to Add-e/Go-e:

- ShareRoller can also power kick scooters as well as tens of thousands of bike share bikes in 15 cities worldwide. This is a huge increase in versatility, and once you try a powered kick scooter you'll wonder how you survived without one. And of course if you live in a city with compatible bikeshare it's an enormous plus.

- ShareRoller is a single, small self-contained package when removed, making it much easier to carry with you into an office or restaurant for example, or in a backpack to keep with you in case you get tired while riding and want to add assist. Plus the retracting motor assembly keeps the possibly dirty motor covered and protected when not in use.

- ShareRoller has a more advanced traction system: Add-e/Go-e use sandpaper/griptape in order to grip in the wet. This is an old-fashioned approach, and dramatically increases tire wear. Plus, the sandpaper/griptape wear out and need to be replaced. ShareRoller instead uses a custom treaded urethane belt (that lasts the life of the motor) combined with it's RainLock variable pressure system, to work well in the rain without significantly increasing tire wear.

- While Add/Go-e's mounting location under the bottom bracket is less visually obvious, it has a lot of negatives for an outrunner friction drive motor. First off, the motor is vulnerable to striking things you might ride over. Second, it will get pelted by dirt, mud, rocks, and debris kicked off by the front wheel. And while these motors can be cleaned, they don't like to be run with dirt, grit, and other junk on and inside them. So not really an optimal spot to put a motor.

- ShareRoller has three modes of operation instead of one (or two), including standard variable throttle, a unique 'TailWind' cruise-control system that doesn't require pedelec sensors, and a full pedelec setup for those that prefer that method. And in addition to smartphone integration, ShareRoller also offers a wireless throttle module which allows you to control all three modes of operation without needing a phone. It looks like Add/Go-e offer just standard pedelec operation, and only a smartphone app to change settings.

- ShareRoller offers built-in bright headlights and tail-lights, as well as a built-in USB charger.

- ShareRoller's quick-release split battery packs are unique in that they allow you to have a large capacity battery while still being able to meet the FAA and IATA carry-on Lithium battery limits.

- Finally, Add/Go-e use the common 'swing-to-engage' method of friction drive, which while having the advantage of zero-drag when not in use, makes for 'jerky' motor engagement, as large RPM surges are needed to swing the motor into the tire, which then 'bites' when it hits the tire. This also adds to tire wear, as the motor is spinning faster than the wheel when it engages. ShareRoller offers this same 'Freewheel' option for those that use the motor infrequently and prioritize zero-drag freewheel, but also offers a separate 'Continuous' engagement mode where the motor is always engaged with the tire, for smoother operation when using the throttle often, or when riding in TailWind mode. For many people this is a better solution.

- Steering impact is barely noticeable, and no different than having a handlebar mounted basket/rack, which are quite common on many bikes. Plus the weight of the ShareRoller (4.5-7.25lbs) is less than what is commonly put in front racks.

So there are a lot of reasons why the ShareRoller system would be preferred by many riders, but of course each person has their own set of priorities when choosing a friction-drive system.

Anhänge

• ShareRoller Video Overlay - Multi-Pane7.png
    ShareRoller Video Overlay - Multi-Pane7.png
    392,9 KB · Aufrufe: 234
S

ShareRollerJeff

Hello from the Founder of ShareRoller. I only recently discovered some comments here on our product, and seeing that it is being compared to the Add-e / Go-e variations of friction drive, I wanted to clarify some differences between the products. I hope the points below are helpful, and I'm so sorry I'm not able to write this in German (and I figured Google Translate would probably do a bad job of converting my English). Happy to answer any questions you may have. Oh, and our Indiegogo campaign ends in two more days fyi!

Thanks,
Jeff
www.shareroller.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shareroller-add-on-e-power-for-bikes-scooters#/

A few key points to consider when comparing ShareRoller to Add-e/Go-e:

- ShareRoller can also power kick scooters as well as tens of thousands of bike share bikes in 15 cities worldwide. This is a huge increase in versatility, and once you try a powered kick scooter you'll wonder how you survived without one. And of course if you live in a city with compatible bikeshare it's an enormous plus.

- ShareRoller is a single, small self-contained package when removed, making it much easier to carry with you into an office or restaurant for example, or in a backpack to keep with you in case you get tired while riding and want to add assist. Plus the retracting motor assembly keeps the possibly dirty motor covered and protected when not in use.

- ShareRoller has a more advanced traction system: Add-e/Go-e use sandpaper/griptape in order to grip in the wet. This is an old-fashioned approach, and dramatically increases tire wear. Plus, the sandpaper/griptape wear out and need to be replaced. ShareRoller instead uses a custom treaded urethane belt (that lasts the life of the motor) combined with it's RainLock variable pressure system, to work well in the rain without significantly increasing tire wear.

- While Add/Go-e's mounting location under the bottom bracket is less visually obvious, it has a lot of negatives for an outrunner friction drive motor. First off, the motor is vulnerable to striking things you might ride over. Second, it will get pelted by dirt, mud, rocks, and debris kicked off by the front wheel. And while these motors can be cleaned, they don't like to be run with dirt, grit, and other junk on and inside them. So not really an optimal spot to put a motor.

- ShareRoller has three modes of operation instead of one (or two), including standard variable throttle, a unique 'TailWind' cruise-control system that doesn't require pedelec sensors, and a full pedelec setup for those that prefer that method. And in addition to smartphone integration, ShareRoller also offers a wireless throttle module which allows you to control all three modes of operation without needing a phone. It looks like Add/Go-e offer just standard pedelec operation, and only a smartphone app to change settings.

- ShareRoller offers built-in bright headlights and tail-lights, as well as a built-in USB charger.

- ShareRoller's quick-release split battery packs are unique in that they allow you to have a large capacity battery while still being able to meet the FAA and IATA carry-on Lithium battery limits.

- Finally, Add/Go-e use the common 'swing-to-engage' method of friction drive, which while having the advantage of zero-drag when not in use, makes for 'jerky' motor engagement, as large RPM surges are needed to swing the motor into the tire, which then 'bites' when it hits the tire. This also adds to tire wear, as the motor is spinning faster than the wheel when it engages. ShareRoller offers this same 'Freewheel' option for those that use the motor infrequently and prioritize zero-drag freewheel, but also offers a separate 'Continuous' engagement mode where the motor is always engaged with the tire, for smoother operation when using the throttle often, or when riding in TailWind mode. For many people this is a better solution.

- Steering impact is barely noticeable, and no different than having a handlebar mounted basket/rack, which are quite common on many bikes. Plus the weight of the ShareRoller (4.5-7.25lbs) is less than what is commonly put in front racks.

So there are a lot of reasons why the ShareRoller system would be preferred by many riders, but of course each person has their own set of priorities when choosing a friction-drive system.
 Oh, and I forgot to add that for those who want to keep weight over their front wheel to an absolute minimum (say for heavy off-road mountain biking) we have a solution in the works that will enable the batteries to be mounted on the frame. Then the weight over the front wheel will be less than 2lbs/1kg.

S

ShareRollerJeff

Well certainly ShareRoller was not designed to win beauty contests.
But surely as a German you must appreciate the mantra, Form Follows Function :)
ShareRoller was designed first and foremost to fit the tens of thousands of bike share bikes used in 16 cities in the US, Canada, Mexico, the UK, and Australia. That's what dictated the front-wheel mounting position, the horizontal orientation and the split battery packs. It was then adapted to work onto nearly any other bicycle as well as many models of kick scooters. From a functional standpoint, that 'bike-share-dictated' layout proved to be amazingly capable at powering almost anything you ride. And for many riders, that's what matters most.
Thanks!

S

ShareRollerJeff

Ah, sorry! I thought this was a German pedelec forum so my fault! I just googled Linz and see now you are from Austria - my apologies! I spent one day in Vienna years ago on a business trip - an amazing place!
I don't understand your question on our Referral Program though? Referral Programs are pretty standard practice on Indiegogo. That graphic just shows what credit existing customers can receive if people they refer purchase the product. Let me know if that doesn't make sense still.
Thanks again for your attention to ShareRoller!

oxygen36

oxygen36

Punkte Reaktionen
Linz-Donau HTL Matura85 auch Add-E Next2021 450Wh
Details E-Antrieb
BoschCX Perform 250W 500Wh+2x400Wh 20m/h 75,4km/h
oxygen36

oxygen36

Punkte Reaktionen
Linz-Donau HTL Matura85 auch Add-E Next2021 450Wh
Details E-Antrieb
BoschCX Perform 250W 500Wh+2x400Wh 20m/h 75,4km/h
I am missing a lot of money!
$67.696USD

135% von $50.000 Flexibles Funding-Ziel
206 finanzielle Unterstützer
3 times 649$ + 5x10$
16x29$
14x39$
26x49$
30x59$
8x 74$
1x 149$
2x 298$
0 0x448$
8 times 798$
1 time 948$
is there something i can´t see ?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
S

ShareRollerJeff

Ah sorry that Referral Program table is confusing. What it means in that case is if one customer sends a referral link to 20 of their friends and those 20 people all buy a ShareRoller, then that customer gets a ShareRoller for free.

Oh, and the ShareRoller V3 won't be 3D printed. All of the plastic will be injection molded with the highest strength plastics, so it should be very durable :)

As for the money not adding up you are correct - you have a keen eye! The reason why is because many older Perks that have been bought are no longer shown. This is because you cannot edit a 'Perk' in Indiegogo once at least one person has claimed it. So every time we made changes to a Perk we had to delete the current one and replace it with a new one, resetting the counter to zero. It's quite an annoying system in this way... So there are many Perks that you no longer see that many people already bought. Right now we have sold 80 ShareRoller units and many more batteries, mounts, and accessories. That's where the $68k comes from. Sorry for the confusion!

Kraeuterbutter

Kraeuterbutter

Punkte Reaktionen
Details E-Antrieb
2xBafang, Keyde, elfkw, Sunstar03, Tonqxin, Cute80
für mich interessant: dass die kleinen, leichten Reibrollenantriebe wie Schwammal aus dem Boden schießen..

und es finden sich jede Menge unterstützer

also obwohl sich - laut diesem Forum hier - NIEMAND für kleine, leichte Antriebe interessiert,
haben wir hier jetzt schon min. 5 Anbieter solcher Antriebe, mit einigen Kunden
und das trotz der offensichtlichen, auch vorhandenen Nachteile gegenüber einem - technisch schöneren - Nabenmotor

Reiner

Reiner

Punkte Reaktionen
Details E-Antrieb
Kalkhoff Pro Connect S9 Panasonic 26V 300W
NIEMAND für kleine, leichte Antriebe interessiert,

Na komm,niemand... ist halt nur eine relativ kleine Gruppe.Die breite Masse möchte doch einfach nur ein Pedelec kaufen und damit fahren,die wollen nicht basteln oder Einschränkungen hinnehmen (z.B. Singlespeed).
Und wir paar Hansels hier repräsentieren in keinster Weise die "Wirklichkeit",die sieht anders aus (z.B.Tiefeinsteiger).

S

sundance

Punkte Reaktionen
für mich interessant: dass die kleinen, leichten Reibrollenantriebe wie Schwammal aus dem Boden schießen..
Das kommt mir auch so vor.
Der ganz große, gelungene Wurf in Konzept und Umsetzung ist für mein Empfinden leider noch nicht dabei - ich bin allerdings auch noch keinen gefahren.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
michaf

michaf

Punkte Reaktionen
Details E-Antrieb
Bosch Classic+ 2013 / Performance 2015
I am not a German!
And you realy will produce 40 Share Roller if you selling 20 ? Also ist das Produkt doch nur die Hälfte wert.....

Die Abbildungen sind etwas missverständlich, wenn du 20 Kunden vermittelst, bekommst Du ein Share Roller geschenkt.

Thema:

ShareRoller: Ein Reibrollen-Antrieb für das Vorderrad

ShareRoller: Ein Reibrollen-Antrieb für das Vorderrad - Ähnliche Themen

Kaufberatung Motorupgrade: Hallo, ich habe ein selbstgebautes ebike mit 500W. Dieser Umbausatz...
Vorderrad gesucht: Mein Bike hatte in letzter Zeit seltsame Geräusche gemacht. Nachdem ich alles möglich ausgeschlossen habe, habe ich mir heute das Vorderrad...
Neuer Radnabenmotor aus Deutschland: Golem.de: IT-News für Profis Wie in Deutschland nicht anders zu erwarten, wohl ein total verdongeltes System. Das ist natürlich so nicht ganz...
verkaufe Nabenmotor Vorderrad Cute Q-100: Vorderrad Nabenmotor Cute Q-100 eingespeicht in 26" Felge noch original verpackt - Paket nur für Fotos aufgemacht! mit Zubehör wie Bremshabeln...
Frage zu Urtopia E-Bike: Hallo zusammen, Ich bin seit längerem auf der Suche nach der eierlegenden Wollmilichsau - ein E-Bike, das leicht, komfortabel...
Oben