sonstige(s) Nyon Navigation ist für mich praktisch nutzlos

Diskutiere Nyon Navigation ist für mich praktisch nutzlos im Bosch Forum im Bereich Fertig-Pedelecs; Sorry for not using the German language but as I have experienced using Google Translate to the German language is not that good and creates...
K

Kingfisher

Details E-Antrieb
Haibike Sduro Cross 7.0, Bosch CX, Nyon
Sorry for not using the German language but as I have experienced using Google Translate to the German language is not that good and creates confusion. Therefore, I choose to write in English in the hope of German users of Nyon with understanding of English language has some tips to my problems with navigation using Nyon and Open Street Maps. First, let me explain my main problem:
1:
I’ve made several routes on the Ebike Portal and transferred them to Nyon. When using those routes riding the bike I constantly get messages with a 180-degrees symbol that says ‘turn back’. However, I know for sure that I’m on the correct way and this is the correct way to go, and ignore the messages. After a few 100 more meters I can see that Nyon tries to recalculate the route but after recalculation Nyon still says ‘turn back’.

I have to say something about the map area I am riding in. It is in the forest and crisscrossed with hundreds of km of forest roads/gravel roads, all marked in Open Street Map. Some of them closed with roadblocks that only some people with cars can open. But for hikers and bikers they are free to use. Using Nyon navigation and trusting the ‘turn back’ instruction will lead me completely in wrong directions and maybe with several km of detour, and in the end with a risk of an empty battery.
This is what I do now, not to risk an empty battery far from home: I convert the routes in Ebike Portal to GPX, transfer them into Google Maps. When riding the routes I have my phone on top in my backpack and with Bluetooth earplugs listen to the navigation instructions from Google Maps and use Nyon only to show the map without any navigation instructions. This is far better than the Nyon navigation instructions.
2:
A minor problem. When plotting several different names on the Nyon, names that is on the Nyon map, Nyon cannot find it. If I use the Ebike Connect app it finds the names, and then I can transfer the route to Nyon.

My experience is that Nyon navigation works in cities and major roads, but not in terrain. Or maybe, my map area is too complicated for Nyon and Open Street Map.

Tips anyone? (In German or English)

DrZaphod

DrZaphod

Details E-Antrieb
R&M SC GX Rohloff; Fischer 1861.1 in der Betreuung
When you import a gpx track into the ebike connect platform you can chose in the pop-up screen if you want to import it with navigation commands or not (just the pure gpx points). I assume that you usually opted for the first option which leads to recalculation if you leave the route and this can be quite cumbersome (or to be more precise - drive you nuts).
Try to import the gpx track without this navigation commands. This will just show you the track on the Nyon screen irrespective if you are following it or not. Pushing the zoom to the second level may help here as well to have a better and constant overview where you are and when you'll reach a turning point etc..
Hope this helps.

If you enter a destination into the Nyon directly the quality of navigation pretty much depends on the quality of data, which was entered by volunteers into the Open Street Map Project. Especially if you are talking about forrest roads which sometimes can be passed by bikers, sometimes not, it is possible that this information is not available or was entered wrongly (you can get famous by correcting this as another OSM contributor).

Usually ist preferable to plan your routes with a different software and import them in the way which I have described above.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
K

Kingfisher

Details E-Antrieb
Haibike Sduro Cross 7.0, Bosch CX, Nyon
Yes thanks. I know about the check/uncheck 'Navigation-option' when importing gpx-tracks. I've tried both check and uncheck when importing gpx-files from Koomot (as I often find easier to use somethimes to create routes as I can set waypoints easier, where Ebike portal routes completely change the route when trying to set waypoints for a spesific route plan).
I was a bit imprecise in my earlier description. On a route I mostly use the Fitness-screen on the Nyon, to check power, heartrate etc. When using a route directly from the portal, or an imported route from Koomot with checked 'Navigation-option' I get these popup navigation symbols with 'Turn around' on the Fittness-screen. Imported GPX-files with unchecked 'Navigation-option' gives me no directions with Fitness-screen on. Then I have to stop at crossings to check the map if the route goes left, right or straight forward.
Thats why I'm now also using the same route imported into Google Maps with bluetooth earplugs that by voice says left or right before a crossing at the same time as showing the Fitness-screen on the Nyon. Why these 'Turn around' popups keeps coming when I positively know I'm on route I really can't figure out why.

Grauer Wolf

Grauer Wolf

Details E-Antrieb
Performance Line 2014 mit Nyon
Diesen Effekt kenne ich auch. Ich vermute, dass er nur in Verbindung mit Wegpunkten entsteht, aber ich bin mir nicht sicher.
Das konnte ich bisher beheben, indem ich die Route beendete und neu startete, wobei mir dann ein weiterer Menüpunkt "Überspringen" (Skip) angeboten und von mir ausgewählt wurde. Falls dies nicht direkt funktioniert, dann noch einmal wiederholen, bis die Route wieder normal angezeigt wird.

Thema:

Nyon Navigation ist für mich praktisch nutzlos

Oben